Successful companies knows that a web site is an essential marketing tool, however it can also be used to provide 24/7 services to your customers and your team. Sales process, HR and recruitment tools, finance, help-desks, work management are some of the areas where real benefits can be realised with applications on the web. Your tireless business enabler.
Whether you’re in the business of selling products, delivering services, or building your customer loyalty , Well designed web based applications can reap a tremendous return on your time and money.
You know you need a business application, but how do you go about getting one if you don’t know the first thing about web design or development. If html, css, php, .NET, the frontend, the backend, are foreign terms that should pose no problem. We just need to find a professional web development company that speaks your language and is interested in your project.
Finding professional web developers is easy…right?
With a many of web developers and designers out there, freelancers, agencies, companies “script writers”, how do you know what the right for your company, and more importantly, for your goals and objectives?
The list of questions and below should get you started with asking the right questions. And, the best part is, you won’t have to learn what all those funny acronyms mean.
The first thing you need to do is determine your web application goals.
6 points to consider before contacting a web development company:
- Who is your target audience?
- How will your target audience interact with your web based application?
- What are the activities & tasks that the software must achieve?
- How will updates be made to the application?
- What is your delivery target?
- What kind of return on investment (ROI) do you expect from the application and how will you measure it?
When looking for a web development company, here are a few key questions to ask:
- Do the development company’s project examples fall in line with what you are expecting to deliver. Are you seeing examples that you can relate to or that appear easy to use
- Does the web development agency work with other customers in your industry? Have they previously created an application similar to what you want? e.g. If you want an application that is designed to help your staff work together closely by sharing documents and ordering and tracking tasks, have they implemented something similar for another client